COLUMBIA – Today, Chief Executive Magazine released its 2018 list of Best States for Business, with South Carolina claiming the third spot. This comes on the same day that President Trump’s Small Business Administrator Linda McMahon met with the governor to tour Forest Lakes Fabrics as a part of her Small Business Week bus tour.
“As a small business owner, I am proud to share Henry McMaster’s vision for helping small businesses across the state prosper. With Governor McMaster’s pro-growth policies, businesses are thriving and bringing more good-paying jobs to our state. The governor has cut regulations, fought for lower taxes, and successfully recruited new businesses, and he is committed to building on that success so South Carolina continues to be the best place to build a business, get a job, and raise a family.” – Pamela Evette, Governor McMaster’s running mate
Gov. McMaster’s Pro-Business Record Fast Facts:
- Announced 18,000+ jobs since taking office
- Added $5.4 billion in investment from economic development projects
- Issued an executive order reducing burdensome regulations
- Signed a pro-business bill reforming automatic stay proceedings
- Hosted a series of small business roundtable meetings all across the state